Today’s the day we move to Step 3 of the ‘roadmap’ out of lockdown. One of the things that you can do from today is HUG!
Many of us have missed hugging our loved ones, but did you know there are many health benefits to hugging?
1. Hugging can protect you from illness, as research has shown that those with strong support networks become unwell less often – still probably best not to go hugging someone if either of you are currently unwell!
2. Hugs can reduce stress – of the huggee, and the hugger.
3. It can reduce your blood pressure and heart rate.
4. Hugs make you happier – hugging releases oxytocin, the ‘happy hormone’!
5. Hugging is a great method of communication.