On November 13th 2021 at Holmfirth Picturedrome, Circus of Horrors will be putting on one hell of a show!
Huddersfield Times are thrilled to announce that we will be giving away a pair of tickets for the event – but it’s not a competition for the faint-hearted…
We want you to scare us. Yep, scare us. No, don’t send us links to badly-written articles from other news outlets, and for goodness’ sake don’t start on about parking in Huddersfield.
We want you to get creative! Cast your mind back to the dark, grainy images of all sorts of nasties caught on camera in times gone by. Is that a footprint? Is that a slathering beast with snarling fangs, or Aunt Edna’s false teeth and a mop? UFO, or 20.45 flight from MAN to PMI?
Get your thinking caps on and come up with a really good (or really bad, depending on how you look at it) photo of something that could be straight from The X Files.
How to enter:
1. Think about what you’d like to include in your photo, then prepare and take it with your camera of choice – whether that’s your smartphone or the old Polaroid camera you’ve got collecting dust on a shelf.
2. Feel free to edit the image using software to adjust lighting, crop out unwanted bits – but images created purely on imaging software are not allowed.
3. Once you’re happy with your picture, you can submit it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending via our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. By submitting your entry to us, you are confirming that you agree to the stated terms and conditions below.
4. Include your name, contact e-mail (if not submitting a photo by email) and contact number (optional, but if you win and we can’t get hold of you by email for whatever reason, we’d like to be able to give you a bell). We will confirm receipt of your entry by return message/email.
5. Entries can be submitted up until 9pm on November 1st – Yep, that’s the day after Halloween, so you can get your snaps over the weekend!
After the closing date, our three judges:
Francis Wilson of Fran Wilson Photography
Tom Bedford, lead singer of Boxteles
Sophie Simpson, Co-Founder and Director of Operations at Conscious Youth
will independently choose their favourite image from the entries based on criteria of creativity, scariness, and general awesomeness.
These three images (or fewer if two judges choose the same one) will be put to a public vote, which will run up until 9pm on Sunday November 9th.
The winner will be announced at 8pm on Monday November 10th on our social media pages.
Terms and conditions:
- One entry per person (multiple household entries accepted).
- All entries must be an original photograph taken by the entrant. While adjustment of images can be done, images created using graphics software only will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entries is October 31st at 9pm.
- Judging: one photo each will be chosen by Francis Wilson of Fran Wilson Photography and two other judges (TBC) on the basis of creativity and scariness by November 4th. Those images will then go to a public vote which will end at 9pm on Sunday November 7th.
- Prize is 2 (two) tickets to Circus of Horrors at Holmfirth Picturedrome on November 13th 2021 (usual ticket purchase price £22/ea).
- Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
- Age restrictions: The show is for age 14+ only and under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets to be collected from the venue (Holmfirth Picturedrome) on the evening of the performance (November 13th).
- Copyright to the entries will remain with the entrant but the entrant licences Huddersfield Times to use their photographs for promotional purposes.
- When the winner is announced your name will be shared on Huddersfield Times’ social media and website.
- Winner agrees to provide Huddersfield Times with a short ‘review’ after the event.
- This competition is being run by Huddersfield Times Ltd, 7 Orchard Road, Huddersfield. Company reg number 13233582. Supported by MP Promotions.